Re: cups slow on linux-2.6.24

From: Patrick McHardy
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 08:47:56 EST

Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:
On Tue, 5 Feb 2008, Jeff Chua wrote:

On Feb 5, 2008 4:17 AM, Jozsef Kadlecsik <kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Actively closed connections are not handled properly, i.e. the initiator of
the active close should not be taken into account. So could you give a try
to the patch below? Does it just suppress the 'invalid packed ignored' and
all other kernel messages or both suppresses them and produces normal
printing speed?
Amazing! You fixed it. No more 'invalid packed ignored', and speed back to
normal (continues after approx. 20 seconds of pausing after 503 prints).

Great! Thank you for the testing!

Thanks for figuring this out.

I used the latest git, and have to modify your patch slightly to make it work
(changing "conntrack" to "ct").

Patrick, I suppose you need a patch against the latest git, don't you?

Yes, please. I'll take you first patch for -stable though if you
send me a Signed-off-by: line.