Re: T61P sound issue

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 16:16:38 EST

[ added Takashi ]

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008, Felipe Balbi wrote:

> Good that there's a lot of people using T61p, it's a good machine.
> I'll upgrade my BIOS and try again the crappy sound.

I have just bought X61s, and it seems to have the very same soundcard as
your T61p does:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
Subsystem: Lenovo Lenovo Thinkpad T61
Memory at fe220000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
Capabilities: [60] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-
Capabilities: [70] Express Unknown type IRQ 0
Capabilities: [100] Virtual Channel
Capabilities: [130] Unknown (5)

The sound also doesn't work with 2.6.24 (tried modprobing the
snd-hda-intel with 'model=thinkpad', didn't make any difference). The
mixer settings seem to be correct, but there is no sound.

Two strange things in alsamixer:

- it is possible to change volume of the "PCM" toggle, but it is missing
the possibility to mute/unmute (the box with "MM"/"OO" simply isn't
there)

- the "Headphone" toggle has "OO" as it is unmuted, but there is no
possibility to change its volume, the volume box is completely missing

Takashi, if you need any other information which would help resolving
this, please let me know.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina