Re: [patch] x86: add code to dump the (kernel) page tables forvisual inspection

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 16:51:12 EST

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 21:46:52 +0100
Eric Dumazet <dada1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Arjan van de Ven a Ãcrit :
> > Subject: x86: add code to dump the (kernel) page tables for visual
> > inspection by kernel developers From: Arjan van de Ven
> > <arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > This patch adds code to the kernel to have an (optional)
> > /proc/kernel_page_tables debug file that basically dumps the kernel
> > pagetables; this allows us kernel developers to verify that nothing
> > fishy is going on and that the various mappings are set up
> > correctly. This was quite useful in finding various
> > change_page_attr() bugs, and is very likely to be useful in the
> > future as well.
> >

> Seems nice Arjan, but could we also add NUMA information ?

ok maybe I'm missing something, but the kernel VA space currently
is totally not numa dependent in any shape or form...
so can you explain what kind of information you're looking for?
(I guess I just don't really understand your request; can you expand a bit on it?)

--
If you want to reach me at my work email, use arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
visit http://www.lesswatts.org