Re: [bug] networking broke, ssh: connect to port 22: Protocol error

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed Feb 06 2008 - 07:23:16 EST

* David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:38:29 +0100
>

> > randconfig qa on x86.git ran into the following new networking related
> > problem on latest -git: with the attached .config the testbox comes up
> > but cannot establish any TCP connections due to -ENOPROTO in
> > sys_connect().
>
> Make sure you have the following fix in your tree.
>
> It might be the cause.
>
> commit 5d8c0aa9433b09387d9021358baef7939f9b32c4
> Author: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Tue Feb 5 03:14:44 2008 -0800

this is already upstream. As i mentioned above i tested latest -git.
(HEAD 551e4fb2465b8)

So no, it does not fix the problem. The config i sent is a rather
generic one, it should boot on most whitebox PCs. TCP connections will
fail immediately, all the time.

(I reverted 5d8c0aa943 as well, that didnt solve the problem either.)

Ingo