Re: any cpu hotplug changes in 2.6.24-current-git?

From: Gregory Haskins
Date: Wed Feb 06 2008 - 19:54:13 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:
Hi!

Are there any recent changes in cpu hotplug? I have suspend (random)
problems, nosmp seems to fix it, and last messages in the "it hangs"
case are from cpu hotplug...

Can you send along your cpuinfo?

It happened on more than one machine, one cpuinfo is:
Ah, ok. This one is a C2D, correct? The only reason I asked is that someone was reporting an s2ram problem on P4s on some of that root-domain logic I submitted a little while ago (and was merged in .25), whereas C2D seemed fine. That doesn't mean anything here, really. The problem could still be my code, or it might be unrelated. I was just wondering if you also had a P4 on the troubled systems.

So is your problem on suspend or resume? (or both?) (I know you mentioned it was random problems, but I wasn't sure if you could qualify that further)

Any info you can provide will be appreciated.

-Greg

processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 14
model name : Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz
stepping : 8
cpu MHz : 1000.000
cache size : 2048 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 1
cpu cores : 2
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 10
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx
constant_tsc arch_perfmon bts pni monitor vmx est tm2 xtpr
bogomips : 3657.58
clflush size : 64

Pavel