Re: [RFT 1/1] single_chip test

From: Tino Keitel
Date: Thu Feb 07 2008 - 16:26:25 EST

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 10:46:39 -0500, Bob Copeland wrote:
> > > We failed to resume after a hardware reset here for a whole second. Is there any
> > > version of ath5k which worked for you (is this a regression)?
> >
> > I cannot speak for Tino, but my ath5k never worked in MacBook -- it
> > failed the same way, and I believe the hardware was the same. My
> > understanding was that it was a known bug with PCIE devices, but I got
> > that out of reading list archives.
>
> Nick Kossifidis and I are in the process of debugging this -- we
> determined that AR5K_RESET_CTL_PCI hangs the card in hw_nic_wakeup.
> It doesn't look like there is any general support for 5424 cards yet.

I tried the patch, and the card was detected. I was able to associate
with an WPA2 AP and send/receive some traffic. But after a while the
interface broke:

ath0: No ProbeResp from current AP 00:14:bf:16:25:87 - assume out of
range
ath5k_hw_get_isr: 0x00000020
ath0: failed to set channel 165 (5825 MHz) for scan
ath0: failed to restore operational channel after scan
printk: 19 messages suppressed.
ath5k phy0: calibration timeout (2447MHz)
printk: 1 messages suppressed.
ath5k phy0: calibration timeout (2447MHz)
ath5k phy0: unable to reset hardware: -11

Regards,
Tino