Re: [patch] block layer: kmemcheck fixes

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Feb 07 2008 - 20:29:58 EST

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, David Miller wrote:

> Maybe cpus these days have so much store bandwith that doing
> things like the above is OK, but I doubt it :-)

I seriously doubt the same is true for the IO requests (which are
different anyway, and tend to happen at a much lower frequency than
high-speed networking).

I also suspect that your timings were very hardware-dependent in the first
place (and yes, the long-term effect is likely working against that
"optimization"), and depend a lot on just how sparse the initialization
can to be.

Linus