Re: 2.6.24-git15 Keyboard Issue?

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Fri Feb 08 2008 - 18:26:05 EST

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Jiri Kosina wrote:

> > > I hope that, from at least my perspective, your question is
> > > rhetorical.
> > Yeah. The non rhetorical one was directed to Jiri. :)
> Actually, I have no idea :) I am right now confused too, I am quite
> surprised that 'nohpet' fixes the problem for you, Chris, even though your
> system doesn't have HPET at all :)
> Could you please double-check that 'nohpet' really reliably fixes the
> issue?
> I suggested using nohpet as I have already seen reports about such kinds
> of problems on machines that had hpet, but this one seems to be more
> confusing :)
> Also, output of the kernel with the patch Thomas provided would be
> interesting.

And of course I forgot to mention -- if this started happening only
recently, and wasn't hapenning with older kernels, doing git-bisect might
help here (assuming that are able to see whether the problem is present or
not) to find the exact commit that causes the behavior you are seeing.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs