Re: [sample] mem_notify v6: usage example

From: KOSAKI Motohiro
Date: Sat Feb 09 2008 - 11:46:37 EST

Hi Jon

> This really needs to be triggered via a generic kernel event in the
> final version - I picture glibc having a reservation API and having
> generic support for freeing such reservations.

to be honest, I doubt idea of generic reservation framework.

end up, we hope drop the application cache, not also dataless memory.
but, automatically drop mechanism only able to drop dataless memory.

and, many application have own memory management subsystem.
I afraid to nobody use too complex framework.

What do you think it?
I hope see your API. please post it.

Thanks!