Re: [RFC] ipvs: Cleanup sync daemon code

From: Simon Horman
Date: Sat Feb 09 2008 - 20:27:33 EST

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 12:38:11AM +0100, Sven Wegener wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to get your feedback on this:
>
> - Use kthread_run instead of doing a double-fork via kernel_thread()
>
> - Return proper error codes to user-space on failures
>
> Currently ipvsadm --start-daemon with an invalid --mcast-interface will
> silently suceed. With these changes we get an appropriate "No such
> device" error.
>
> - Use wait queues for both master and backup thread
>
> Instead of doing an endless loop with sleeping for one second, we now use
> wait queues. The master sync daemon has its own wait queue and gets woken
> up when we have enough data to sent and also at a regular interval. The
> backup sync daemon sits on the wait queue of the mcast socket and gets
> woken up as soon as we have data to process.

Hi Sven,

This looks good to me, assuming that its tested and works.

A few minor things:

In sb_queue_tail() master loop is woken up if
the ip_vs_sync_count reaches 10, which seems a bit arbitary.

Perhaps its just my mail reader, but the patch seemed a bit screwy when
I saved it to a file. I this fixed the problem I was seeing using s/^ / /

Unfortuantely/Fortunately I am about to leave for a few days skiing,
so if I am quiet you will know why.

Acked-by: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

--
Horms