Re: [3/6] kgdb: core

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 03:24:20 EST

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 09:02:25AM +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> thanks - i found Sam's mail meanwhile and addressed most of the
> observations and updated the kgdb.git tree. I'll now check the threads
> above whether i missed anything. (feel free to point it out if you
> notice anything outright) As the changes have been janitorial only i
> refrain from reposting the series once again. The latest shortlog is
> below.

It would be nice if you could move the kerneldoc comments to the proper
place at least. And while you're at it please remove all the filenames
in the top-of-file comments, not just in include/asm-generic/kgdb.h.

While we're at it is there a good reason to have that file at all, it's
just function prototypes, and I'd say for now they should just go
into linux/kgdb.h. If there's a a good reason why architectures
should implement them as inlines we can move them back, but looking
at the x86 implementation I doubt that's the case.

Also it seems at least some of Jan's patches are missing aswell.

I think we really shouldn't rush this too much. Let's wait until
Monday at least when Jason and Jan are back.