Re: [3/6] kgdb: core

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 04:34:41 EST

* Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > tip 2e3ebf25b0bd8646e517806073e1991be1fec8a2. Shortlog, diffstat and
> > the full patch can be found below, with all relevant review feedback
> > addressed. Builds, boots and works fine on x86.
>
> here's gdb test-output from this 2e3ebf25b0bd kernel:

i should also mention that yesterday's tree passed 200 randconfig bootup
tests on 32-bit and 64-bit x86. (i excluded CONFIG_WMI from ACPI, plus 3
other ACPI commits because they keept crashing boxes or broke the build)

Today's kgdb updates are in the trivial category so i'd not expect them
to break anything, but nevertheless, out of caution i threw the latest
tree into the qa mix as well and they already passed 10 randconfig
bootup tests.

[ and this matches my experience with KGDB stability in the last few
months while we carried and tested it in x86.git: even the old, much
wider-scope and uglier/riskier patches that hooked in a lot of places
never broke anything unrelated (or anything in fact) - and this
matches kgdb's -mm track record as well. ]

Ingo