Re: [3/6] kgdb: core

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 08:19:24 EST

On 10/02/2008, Marcin Slusarz <marcin.slusarz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 08:13:31AM +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > +
> > + if (CACHE_FLUSH_IS_SAFE) {
> > + if (current->mm && addr < TASK_SIZE) {
> > + flush_cache_range(current->mm->mmap_cache,
> > + addr, addr + BREAK_INSTR_SIZE);
> > + } else {
> > + flush_icache_range(addr, addr +
> > + BREAK_INSTR_SIZE);
> > + }
> > + }
> unneeded braces (here and in many other places)

While they are not strictly needed, I for one would argue they should
probably stay.

if (foo)
bar();

is not always safe in case bar() is a macro.

if (foo) {
bar();
}

is always safe and is more robust when the code gets changed later
since you don't accidentally end up with someone mistakenly turning it
into

if (foo)
bar();
baz();