Re: [stable 2.6.24] WARNING: at kernel/time/clockevents.c

From: Frans Pop
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 09:20:57 EST

On Sunday 10 February 2008, Frans Pop wrote:
> I have no idea yet what triggers it and am unsure if I'll be able to
> reproduce.

I think I know at least _when_ it happens: during compilation of glibc.

This was almost certainly while compiling in the normal amd64 environment:
> Pid: 2210, comm: ld-linux-x86-64 Not tainted 2.6.24 #1

And this was while compiling the glibc in an i386 unstable chroot:
> Pid: 29517, comm: ld-linux.so.2 Not tainted 2.6.24 #1

Could it be that some glibc unit test triggers this?

I have done one other compile of glibc yesterday though that did _not_
trigger the error, but that was using pbuilder (i.e. in an amd64 chroot).