Re: scsi/arm/fas216.c compile error

From: Boaz Harrosh
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 09:38:19 EST

On Sun, Feb 10 2008 at 16:20 +0200, James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-02-10 at 13:58 +0000, Russell King wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 03:07:09PM +0200, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
>>> It's in mainline 84ac86ca8c6787f9efff28bc04b1b65fe0a5c310
>>> [SCSI] arm: convert to accessors and !use_sg cleanup
>>>
>>> Thanks for checking. This patch was in scsi-pending tree since forever, And we were unable
>>> to get a responsive maintainer to ACK on them. until the breakage cause went into mainline
>>> we finally managed a Tested-by:.
>>>
>>> I guess sometimes people are so busy, you need a bulldozer to shove 20 minutes into they're
>>> schedule.
>> Oh, I was ill for most of December, particularly at the time that you
>> sent the patch, and by the time I recovered, it was buried in my mailbox.
>>
>> Suggest you have some consideration for others who might not be able to
>> do your beg and call at the immediate moment that you want it, and
>> consider that their email management skills may not be as l33t as yours.
>
> OK, sorry about this, it's a bit of a cockup all around. The patch that
> fixes this problem is still in SCSI pending largely because it's patch
>
> [SCSI] fas216: Use scsi_eh API for REQUEST_SENSE invocation
>
> Doesn't lead one to think it might be build critical, so I concentrated
> on getting the other arm patch out.

All the patches I pushed are build critical. The complete
"Use scsi_eh API for REQUEST_SENSE" and the error refactoring patches
were in support for the scsi_data_buffer effort. Well that was the last
one so all is well I guess.

(With out these patches, code is still pushing none-use_sg requests,
apart from the members rename of scsi_cmnd)

> Russell, could you give it a quick test, and I'll put it in with a
> tested-by tag?
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

Thanks to all