Re: linux-next: first tree

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Thu Feb 14 2008 - 16:03:43 EST

Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Also, more trees please ... :-)

Please add the 'NEXT' branch of
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev.git

to your list. This is a throwaway meta-branch that is rebased often.

The 'master' branch of libata-dev.git always contains the base commit from torvalds/linux-2.6.git from which all other branches are based. I never ever commit to the 'master' branch, only update it from torvalds/linux-2.6.git.

Andrew,

I will continue to maintain the 'ALL' branch exactly as before. It may contain changes not suitable for 'NEXT', but suitable for -mm testing.

In my new development process, things will almost always land in 'ALL' before 'NEXT'.

Jeff