Re: Disk schedulers

From: Lukas Hejtmanek
Date: Fri Feb 15 2008 - 05:09:48 EST

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 09:02:31AM +0900, Tejun Heo wrote:
> > till the scp finishes. It is not caused by low free memory, while scping
> > I have 500MB of free memory (not cached or buffered).
> >
> > I tried cfq and anticipatory scheduler, none is different.
> >

> Does deadline help?

well, deadline is a little bit better. I'm trying to read from disk opening
maildir with 20000 mails with mutt. If I open that maildir, mutt shows
progress. With cfq or anticipatory scheduler, progress is 0/20000 until scp
finishes. With deadline, progress is 150/20000 after scp finished. So I would
say, it is better but I doubt it is OK.

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek