Re: INFO: task mount:11202 blocked for more than 120 seconds

From: Christian Kujau
Date: Sun Mar 09 2008 - 21:46:56 EST

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, David Chinner wrote:
Oh, dm-crypt. Well, I'd definitely start looking there. XFS has a
history of exposing dm-crypt bugs, and these hangs appear to be I/O
congestion/scheduling related and not XFS.

Yeah, I noticed that too, thanks for verifying this: during the 2nd bisect run, the box locked up hard when I accessed the device-mapper. I'm using a wrapper script to set up my luks/dm-crypt devices and still have to find out which command exactly triggers the lockup. So, maybe the hard lockup and the hangs are not so unrelated after all...oh well.

Also, we haven't changed
anything related to plug/unplug of block devices in XFS recently, so
that also points to some other change as well...

Thanks for your assistance, David, I really appreciate it. I'll try to find out more about this dm-crypt thingy....

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #396:

Mail server hit by UniSpammer.