Re: [SITE http://www.kernelarchive.com] - Request for kernels

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Mon Mar 10 2008 - 14:41:43 EST

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 01:17:00PM -0700, Kristoffer Ericson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Hope Im not upsetting by posting this http link. My main thought about this site is not to compete with
> kernelnewbies or kerneltrap. instead its to give room to the linux kernel ports available (that rarely get any spotlight).
> Im going to hold record of what kernels work for a specific platform, maintainer, git repositories and so on.
> This is not a one day site, I intend to have this running for a long time since it doesn't cost me anything. It will
> be free and open to anyone.
>
> So Im asking maintainers to hand me kernels for their obscure machines. Im especially interested in handhelds and
> old-style computers. Examples :
> Amiga, Atari, spitz, collie, sparc, s390, powerpc, development boards... basicly anything non-x86.

An Amiga should (at least theoretically) run with an ftp.kernel.org
kernel and the configuration you get with amiga_defconfig.

The same goes for all other platforms you mention.

There is a window between support for a platform being developed and it
entering the main kernel tree, but that should only be a short window.

And in case a platform support stays long-term only in an external tree
that's nothing that requires documentation - that's a problem that
should be fixed.

> In mail, please supply any sources (git repositories, patches and so on).

cu
Adrian

BTW: Please correct the time setting on your computer.

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed