Re: quicklists confuse meminfo

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Mon Mar 10 2008 - 17:27:24 EST

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:

Yeah, the most fundamental problem is that the whole page is RO, so even if Xen trapped and emulated, it still makes a very bad neighbour. I was also going to say that there's no reason why you couldn't pack multiple pgds into one page, but I think we can only specify the cr3 at page resolution anyway.

Wrong. With PAE you can specify it at any 32-byte boundary.

Yes, the x86 lets you, but Xen doesn't - mostly because it reuses the lower 12 bits as upper bits of the pfn so that you can specify a pagetable base at >4G.