Re: [RFC, PATCH] signals: print_fatal_signal: fix the signr "calculation"

From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Tue Mar 11 2008 - 14:18:04 EST

On 03/10, Roland McGrath wrote:

> > For various reasons we can't currently do the same for sig_kernel_coredump()
> > signals. But, when rlim[RLIMIT_CORE] == 0, we don't actually need coredumping?
> > So, we could do something like
> >

> > - if (!sig_kernel_coredump(sig)) {
> > + if (!sig_kernel_coredump(sig) || !signal->rlim[RLIMIT_CORE]) {
>
> I don't like this. I think it's better to leave logic like RLIMIT_CORE
> checks to the core dump code itself.

As I said, this was just for illustration.

What I am thinking about is how to restore the "sig_kernel_coredump() signal
freezes the whole group on delivery" behaviour, we had this before
198466b41d11dd062fb26ee0376080458d7bfcaf.

Afaics this is possible, we could add another SIGNAL_XXX flag but send SIGKILL,
this also unifies the fatal signals processing.

Oleg.