Re: w83697hf_wdt.c stops watchdog on load

From: Wim Van Sebroeck
Date: Tue Mar 11 2008 - 17:09:57 EST

Hi Sam,

> That was my intent: disable the watchdog by default, and add an option
> not to disable it (let it untouched, so getting the BIOS setting) at
> module initialization, as Pádraig request is totally reasonable.

Ok, then we are on the same line. It indeed makes sense to do this
with watchdog devices that are capable of being controlled by the
bios and where the timeout/keepalive time can be set big enough.

What should also be looked at is when you take over the watchdog
settings from the bios, do you then take the same timeout/keepalive
value? In the pcwd-drivers I took the dip-switch value of the card
when the value was 0. You could do something similar here.

Greetings,
Wim.