Keys get stuck

From: Fred .
Date: Tue Mar 11 2008 - 19:32:26 EST

I (and many others) have a problem.

I am using Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron" (alpha).
xorg 1:7.3+10ubuntu6
Linux ubuntu 2.6.24-12-generic #1 SMP Mon Mar 10 15:32:00 UTC 2008
i686 GNU/Linux

MSI P35 Neo motherboard with a HP USB keyboard.

Sometimes the keys get "stuck" and it keeps on repeating the button
all the time.
It often happen when I play games, that it repeats one of the arrow keys.

Now this is a problem that lots of people have experienced.
I've experienced it with other kernels too.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/194214

It is a very annoying bug, that happens to many users.
Restarting Xorg solves the problem.

Someone said this was a problem with dynticks, but I don't know.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem, and how to fix it?

As I don't subscribe to this list, I would like to get a reply sent to my email.