Re: [patch 09/10] Hugetlb common code update for System z.

From: Dave Hansen
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 13:51:53 EST

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 18:32 +0100, Martin Schwidefsky wrote:
> +#ifndef ARCH_HAS_HUGE_PTE_TYPE
> +#define huge_pte_none(pte) pte_none(pte)
> +#define huge_pte_wrprotect(pte) pte_wrprotect(pte)
> +#define huge_ptep_set_wrprotect(mm, addr, ptep) \
> + ptep_set_wrprotect(mm, addr, ptep)
> +#define huge_ptep_set_access_flags(vma, addr, ptep, pte, dirty) \
> + ptep_set_access_flags(vma, addr, ptep, pte, dirty)
> +#define huge_ptep_get(ptep) (*ptep)
> +#endif
> +
> +#ifndef ARCH_HAS_PREPARE_HUGEPAGE

Can you guys please do these defines in Kconfig instead of headers? I
find them much easier to track down when I have one place to look,
rather than a mess of 14 other #includes in a arch-specific header. :)

I'm also a little concerned that you just #ifdef'd in about 44 new ptep
functions in here. Have you carefully considered doing this in a way
that would fit in better with the other architectures?

> Huge ptes have a special type on s390 and cannot be handled with the
> standard pte functions in certain cases.

Can you elaborate a bit more on that?

-- Dave