Re: broken access to a USB HID device after suspend

From: Tino Keitel
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 18:43:48 EST

[...]

A full kernel log is available at http://tikei.de/dmesg

> Even if you can't reproduce the problem, do you have the complete
> kernel log from before?
>
> Is it possible that this is really a problem with the LCD device, not
> with the kernel? I ask because if the device was working properly then
> unplugging and replugging the USB cable should do a complete reset.

I did the following:

- suspended the computer

- switched off the LCD

- resumed the computer

- tried to use hidmon, got the error

- unplugged the LCD

- plugged in the LCD

- tried to use hidmon again, got the error again

- suspended the computer

- resumed the computer

- tried to use hidmon again, and it worked

Note that I didn't switch off the LCD during the second suspend, in the
case that matters.

Regards,
Tino