Re: [BUG] PLEXTOR DVDR PX-740A drive not ready for command

From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Date: Thu Mar 13 2008 - 08:23:47 EST

Hi,

On Thursday 13 March 2008, Richard Genoud wrote:
> Hi!
> On ubuntu bug tracker, there's some bug reports about DVD drives that don't respond anymore.
>
> The affected drives are:
> PLEXTOR DVDR PX-740A
> BENQ DVD DD DW1620
> PHILIPS DVDR14P
> SS-SAMSUNG SCR-3232
> Matsushita SR-8584-B
> (for now)
>
> the error message is :
> hda: status error: error=0x00 { }
> ide: failed opcode was: unknown
> hda: drive not ready for command
> hda: status error: status 0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }

Could we get full dmesg for this particular system/problem?

Please also;
- test 2.6.25-rc5 on _your_ system
- verify that configuration of hda and hdb devices is correct
(master/slave settings)

> more details on the ubuntu bug-tracker:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/179336
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/182996
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/181561

There is far too much information there (different error messages,
different host drivers, some systems are using libata...) - please
open a new bug entry at http://bugzilla.kernel.org so we can start
"clean" and fully concentrate on fixing this bug.

PS Thanks for bisecting it.

Bart