Re: [RFC] cgroups: implement device whitelist lsm (v2)

From: Serge E. Hallyn
Date: Thu Mar 13 2008 - 10:38:22 EST

Quoting James Morris (jmorris@xxxxxxxxx):
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
>
> > That does make for a simpler implementation at this point, however if
> > any other such LSMs come along (as Casey seemed to think they would) the
> > end result could end up being horrible spaghetti code of dependencies
> > and interrelated configs.
>
> That can be addressed as the need arises. A basic tenet of kernel
> development is to avoid speculative infrastructure.

True, but while this change simplifies the code a bit, the semantics
seem more muddled - devcg will be enforcing when CONFIG_CGROUP_DEV=y
and:

SECURITY=n or
rootplug is enabled
capabilities is enabled
smack is enabled
selinux+capabilities is enabled

It will not be enforcing when
dummy is loaded
only selinux (and not capabilities) is loaded

If that's ok with people then I'm fine with it. I suppose it should be
explained in the CONFIG_CGROUP_DEV help section, which it isn't in this
version I'm about to set. Patch hitting the wire in a minute.

thanks,
-serge