Re: [ext3grep] compile error

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Fri Mar 14 2008 - 14:15:12 EST

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 06:00:04PM +0100, Carlo Wood wrote:
> This seem a bug in linux/ext3_fs.h. I was able to reproduce this on
> debian sid, meaning kernel (headers) 2.6.24.

No, the problem is that the tool you're compiling is using kernel
headers which it shouldn't use at all. Please use the headers from
e2fslibs-dev in /usr/include/esxt2fs/ instead. And yes, they provide
ext3 defintions despite the ext2 name.

The only kernel todo here is to remove ext3*.h from the list of exported
headers ASAP.