Re: SDIO: IO-Ready Bit

From: Tomas Winkler
Date: Mon Mar 24 2008 - 10:41:42 EST

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Pierre Ossman <drzeus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 00:10:19 +0200
>
> "Tomas Winkler" <tomasw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > I couldn't find anything that can prevent the probe function to be
> > called in case the module is already loaded. I've looked at udev and
> > HAL and no much I found.
> > I will dig into kernel sources, maybe finding out how can be bus
> > enumeration triggered again or something like this.
> > Any pointers will be appreciated.
> >

> Here's the patch that added the functionality:
>
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/4/27/466

Thanks a lot. I will look at this and how it can be used.

Anyhow I've seen that concept of parallel probe is not so new. It was
in 2.6.18 and removed in 2.619.
Probably different approach, maybe more would be adding a parallel
initial function.
Probe will just register to the bus and relevant subsystem, it will be fast.
Optional Initialization function will run after probe in different
thread, this would be the place for running FW download.
Device won't be considered initialized till this function haven't
completed or is not implemented.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks
Tomas