A question to Frank Kingswood about ch340/341 support for 2.4.18kernel

From: Fei Liu
Date: Tue Mar 25 2008 - 22:36:42 EST

Hello Frank,

Is there any chance this driver can be back ported to 2.6.18 for opensuse 10.2 system? It seems the usb kernel data structures had some significant changes from 2.6.18 to 2.6.24. I couldn't hack it to work with 2.6.18 after some effort. It'd be really great to be able to use this cable on Linux with kernels older than 2.6.24. I can also be pointed to the right direction to port this drive back if it does not require a significant amount of work (apart from young kid and work).

Fei