Re: style of function definitions (Re: [patch] bkl2mtd: cleanup)

From: Oleg Verych
Date: Sun Mar 30 2008 - 23:38:09 EST

Jan Engelhardt @ Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 6:31 AM:

> > No matter what coding style is, the winner is "linux-2.6/fs/xfs", and
> > i doubt anyone can fix that :)
>
> They at least have an excuse of having a historical unix background :)

i.e. zoo of proprietary versions, expensive, without reliable implementation
of basic tools and compilers, etc.

Historical UNIX(R) isn't that good at all. Now it's POSIX(R) forcing all
new development back.

http://kernelnewbies.org/olecom#trailing_comments_crap
http://kernelnewbies.org/olecom#trailing_multiline_comments_crap

Q: why every parameter is on new line?
A: thus we have more actual code line count

Q: why trailing comments on every parameter?