Re: one more apic merging preliminary series

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Sun Aug 17 2008 - 08:46:22 EST

* Cyrill Gorcunov <gorcunov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please review - any comments are welcome!
>
> For now it's like code bloating - but it's just preliminary series to
> make apic_*.c code more or less similar. And it's still a bit far from
> being ready to be merged down.

applied to tip/x86/apic - thanks Cyrill.

Maciej's point about cleaning up the x2apic impact is very much true -
i've Cc:-ed Suresh and Venki. Even if we wont truly use x2apic in 32-bit
kernels, it's a piece of glue hardware that does not depend on which
mode the CPU is in, so support for it should be bitsize agnostic. It
will also obviously be good for test coverage, once x2apic capable hw
will be more widespread.

Ingo