Re: rt2500pci: rt2500pci_bbp_read: Error - BBPCSR register busy. Read failed.

From: Alex Riesen
Date: Tue Aug 19 2008 - 14:20:14 EST

2008/8/19 Ivo van Doorn <ivdoorn@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> The rt2500 driver in 2.6.27-rc3 (v2.6.27-rc3-552-g3c3a15a) constantly
>> produces a lot of this messages in log (slowdown quite noticable):
>>
>> kernel: phy0 -> rt2500pci_bbp_read: Error - BBPCSR register busy. Read failed.
>> kernel: phy0 -> rt2500pci_bbp_write: Error - BBPCSR register busy. Write failed.
>> last message repeated 40 times
>> kernel: phy0 -> rt2500pci_rf_write: Error - RFCSR register busy. Write failed.
>> last message repeated 7 times
>> kernel: phy0 -> rt2500pci_bbp_write: Error - BBPCSR register busy. Write failed.
>
> This is a bad sign, the slowdown is expected since the driver is continuously looping
> waiting for the registers to become available. Did this PCI card work in the past, and
> if so with what driver?

It surely did, but I honestly don't remember what with. I'll try to bisect.

> Does this card work on another PC, or does the windows or legacy driver work with
> this card?

No Windows here, but see below

> (Yes, all suggestions above imply suspicion about the hardware itself rather then the driver)

Well, it used to crash some industrial board (I believe it was some
Boser, HS-series, with
this card in a PCI slot of its backplane). So you're not alone in your
suspicions (OTOH,
that board was known to misbehave itself).

I have no particular need for that card, so if someone wants it for
testing I gladly
part with it (and if you happen be in Germany, I'll just mail it).