Re: [GIT]: Networking

From: Evgeniy Polyakov
Date: Tue Aug 19 2008 - 17:16:15 EST

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 01:47:59PM -0700, Linus Torvalds (torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> I really don't see the e1000 and netxen updates as being critical either.
> Sure, they look like driver improvement, but "improvement" is not what the
> -rc3+ series is about.

Netxen driver update contains bug fixes (leak and races) and hardware
workaround. Well, it has driver version bump either, I agress, that
one was an error. E1000 contains number of regression fixes and
performance improvement via module parameter change.

> Same goes for all the loopback changes. They look like cleanups or feature
> enables.

It fixes performance regression.

--
Evgeniy Polyakov