Re: [GIT]: Networking

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Aug 19 2008 - 17:53:31 EST

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, David Miller wrote:

> But I think you're throwing the baby out with the bath water, the
> majority of that pull contained legitimate real bug regression fixes.

.. and notice how I

(a) took it

and

(b) am asking for you to be more careful?

In other words, I would be a lot happier if you didn't say "majority". I
would be a ton happioer if you could HONESTLY say that every single one
was a regression.

And the thing is, you cannot. Some of the ones I pointed you to were
actually regressions due to _other_ patches you had much too happily sent
me after the merge window had already closed).

> That's why some other developers are coming out of the woods and
> defending me, they don't have to do that, but they do it because they
> feel I'm being slighted at least a little bit.

Umm. The only defending I have seen was a F*CKING DISGRACE, since nobody
apparently had the balls to stand up and admit that the whole problem
happened after -rc1 in the first place!

In other words, the "defense" was just making excuses for EXACTLY the
behaviour I'm trying to tell you shouldn't have happened in the first
place.

Please. You're still making excuses for this, even after I pointed out
that ALL of the problems with the whole loopback driver thing happened
after the merge window.

Linus