Re: vfat BKL/lock_super regression in v2.6.26-rc3-g8f59342

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Aug 19 2008 - 20:12:20 EST

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Bart Trojanowski wrote:

> Ok, I will test your patch and let you know in a few minutes.

Btw, while you're at it, can you try doing some random writes to that
thing, since the whole sync mount is quite possibly going to find a few
other cases like this.

IOW, _maybe_ you hit the only case that is ever going to be an issue for
sync mounts, and maybe you didn't. In my eternal quest to never actually
test anything myself, I'm hoping you can try some writing (and
over-writing) of files, since writes to the filesystem is where the whole
"sync" thing is going to show up (both metadata ie file creation and
removal, and "real" data ie normal write/truncate calls).

Linus