Re: 2.6.27-rc3: 'APIC error on CPU1: 00(40)', but only on resume!

From: Frans Pop
Date: Wed Aug 20 2008 - 16:27:25 EST

Thanks for the quick responses Rafael.

On Wednesday 20 August 2008, Rafael wrote:
> On Wednesday, 20 of August 2008, Frans Pop wrote:
> > <snip>
> > CPU1 is up
> > ACPI: Waking up from system sleep state S3
> > APIC error on CPU1: 00(40)
> > ACPI: EC: non-query interrupt received, switching to interrupt mode
> > </snip>
>
> Does the box work after that?

Yes, it does. Both cores seem to be working fine.

The only weirdness I can see (only spotted that just now) is that both
cores will always seem to be changing frequency together (using ondemand
governor), even when 'top' shows one as idle. On my other Core Duo system
(an older desktop) the cores react independently.
This also happens immediately after boot (so not suspend related) and may
be "normal" or unrelated.