Re: new driver staged in linux1394-2.6.git

From: David Moore
Date: Wed Aug 20 2008 - 17:18:24 EST

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 22:41 +0200, Stefan Richter wrote:
> Greg KH wrote:
> > This assumes that it will not be dropped by you :)
>
> I'll carry it until mainline merge, unless bigger subsystem changes
> happen on the v4l-dbv front that make it necessary to move it to their repo.

If I understand correctly, this driver is based on the legacy ieee1394
subsystem. I'm curious, is there a plan to migrate it to juju, where
presumably it could be a lot cleaner and might not even have to live in
the kernel at all (except for the need for some sort of dvb loopback
device which might not yet exist)?

-David