hwclock problems still present in 2.6.27-rc4

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Thu Aug 21 2008 - 12:39:33 EST

Hi all,

(please Cc)

I have read through quite some threads on lkml and bug reports regarding
the hangs/freezes of the kernel when hwclock is called.

I still see that behaviour on 2.6.27-rc4 with
CONFIG_HPET_TIMER=y
CONFIG_HPET_EMULATE_RTC=y
CONFIG_HPET=y
CONFIG_HPET_MMAP=y
CONFIG_RTC_LIB=y
CONFIG_RTC_CLASS=y
CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS=y
CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS_DEVICE="rtc0"
CONFIG_RTC_INTF_SYSFS=y
CONFIG_RTC_INTF_PROC=y
CONFIG_RTC_INTF_DEV=y
CONFIG_RTC_DRV_CMOS=y
(all rtc and hpet related config vars).

My normal dmesg boot log of a successful boot is attached.

What is the recommended way to fix that, or do you need some more
information?

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx> Vienna University of Technology
Debian Developer <preining@xxxxxxxxxx> Debian TeX Group
CLACKMANNAN (n.)
The sound made by knocking over an elephant's-foot umbrella stand full
of walking sticks. Hence name for a particular kind of disco drum
riff.
--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff