Re: LinuxPPS (RESUBMIT 7): the PPS Linux implementation.

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Thu Aug 21 2008 - 17:58:26 EST

Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
This patch set adds the PPS support into Linux.

A couple of general questions about this (I don't know the background material in enough detail, so pardon if some of these are "obvious"):

1. Does this support (calibrated) sources with frequency other than
1 Hz?
2. I assume that with the PPS line discipline loaded you can still read
the data from the main pins on the serial port (almost always used
for metadata?)

And a minor note: you use the term CD (Carrier Detect), but in most references the pin is labelled DCD (Data Carrier Detect).

-hpa