Re: NFS regression? Odd delays and lockups accessing an NFS export.

From: Ian Campbell
Date: Fri Aug 22 2008 - 18:42:04 EST

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 14:56 -0700, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 22:37 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > I can ssh to the server fine. The same server also serves my NFS home
> > directory to the box I'm writing this from and I've not seen any trouble
> > with this box at all, it's a 2.6.18-xen box.
>
> OK... Are you able to reproduce the problem reliably?

It usually happens in around a day, but I can't make it happen at will
so that I can arrange to be present at the time. It has usually locked
up over night in the past.

> If so, can you provide me with a binary tcpdump or wireshark dump? If
> using tcpdump, then please use something like
>
> tcpdump -w /tmp/dump.out -s 90000 host myserver.foo.bar and port 2049

I'll try leaving this going overnight but using -C and -W to limit the
size to the disk space available.

> Please also try to provide a netstat dump of the current TCP connections
> as soon as the hang occurs:
>
> netstat -t

Will do it ASAP after it happens.

Ian.
--
Ian Campbell

revision 1.17.2.7
date: 2001/05/31 21:32:44; author: branden; state: Exp; lines: +1 -1
ARRRRGH!! GOT THE G** D*** SENSE OF A F******* TEST BACKWARDS!