Re: [GIT PULL/RESEND] kernel message catalog patches

From: Martin Schwidefsky
Date: Tue Oct 28 2008 - 04:28:51 EST

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 09:27 -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> As I said a few months ago, please make it "almost kernel-doc style"
> but something that can be distinguished from the current kernel-doc.
> They aren't quite the same thing AFAICT.

The current format is this:

/*?
* Tag: <component>.<hash>
* Text: "<kmsg message text>"
* Severity: <severity>
* Parameter:
* @1: <description of the first message parameter>
* @2: <description of the second message parameter>
* ...
* <What is the kmsg message all about>
* User action:
* <What can the user do to fix the problem>
*/

See the "/*?" vs "/**" ? The kmsg comments are kernel-doc style but not
the same as kernel-doc.

--
blue skies,
Martin.