Re: 2.6.28-rc2: runaway loop modprobe char-major-5-1

From: Meelis Roos
Date: Wed Oct 29 2008 - 16:28:21 EST

> I'm seeing the same problem on a Debian unstable system using
> initramfs and dm-crypt, but it seems to be caused by userspace
> changes, using an old initramfs image with just the new modules
> added manually works fine (well, breaks elsewhere).

Hmm, I recreated an initramfs for the working 2.7.27 kernel with the
current tools and it created a working initramfs. Recreating the
initramfs for 2.6.28-rc2 creates a nonworking initramfs. So it points
towards the kernel, as the config of serial things has not changed
(8250 serial driver built in in both kernels) and the same userspace
toolchain makes working initramfs for old and nonworking for new
kernel...

--
Meelis Roos (mroos@xxxxxxxx)