Re: 2.6.27.2 USB reset/IO Error problem when high load on ICH9 USB

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Thu Oct 30 2008 - 21:04:16 EST

Kasper Sandberg wrote:
Hello..

I had to write an image to some usb flash drives, more specifically, 4GB
kingston datatraveler sticks, and i figured, instead of doing just 1 at
a time, i may aswell do 4, so i plugged in 4, and started 4 dd's of the
images, to sdc, sdd, sde, sdf. However, i got usb disconnects and IO
error messages from the kernel, these are at end of message. I had
previously done ~5 writes of images to 5 other flash disks with no
problem, but when i tried the next batch, those 4, it gave these errors.
I killed the dd's, pulled them all out, and put in 1 at a time, and it
worked perfectly.

unfortunately the first kernel messages have been flooded away. If you
need .config and/or the boot kernel messages, i can reboot and get it.

It seems suspicious that only the sde one (with address 6) seems to be having problems. Are you sure that drive wasn't faulty or somehow not plugged in properly?