Re: 2.6.29 -mm merge plans

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Mon Jan 05 2009 - 04:38:07 EST

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 10:21:10AM +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > From: Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 01:12:02 -0800

> > > Might, if they break my build.
> >
> > They don't build, I tested them when I tried integrated Sam's patches.
>
> do they break due to some warnings caught by -Werror?

Yup.
In my setup I did not see the warnings.
Most likely because I'm sitting on an older i386 and the
64 bit version of gcc emits more warnings than my 32 bit version.

The build broke in with Dave's native gcc and will most likely with
a 64 bit cross compiler too.

I do not want to remove the -Werror just due to this as it
is only a limited effort to fix up the patches when I get
my setup fixed.

But due to other issues (you know work and such) it it not the next week
that I have a proper setup.

Sam