Re: early exception error

From: david
Date: Mon Jan 05 2009 - 23:27:41 EST

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, Yinghai Lu wrote:

david@xxxxxxx wrote:
On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, Yinghai Lu wrote:

david@xxxxxxx wrote:
On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, Yinghai Lu wrote:

this motherboard is a Tyan Thunder K8S Pro S2882

I just uploaded some snapshots of the bios screens

please try to update the BIOS. the installed BIOS seems has problem...

http://tyan.com/support_download_bios.aspx?model=S.S2882

what problems are you seeing (i.e. what did I miss seeing that would
have pointed me in this direction without eating everyone's time)

you should get 4g ram instead of 3g according to e820.

BIOS should set ram routing correctly according to iommu (gart) and memhole etc.

this seems to have solved the problem

I do have another of these systems if there is any desire to do any more troubleshooting (it would be really nice if things died with a better error message for example)

if not, thanks for the assistance

David Lang