Re: problem with IPoA (CLIP), NAT, and VLANS

From: Patrick McHardy
Date: Tue Feb 17 2009 - 07:28:28 EST

Karl Hiramoto wrote:
What Patrick, said may be the case, that the underlaying atm driver is
not specifying the headroom. The driver is ported to 2.6.28 from
2.6.11 based on the BSD licensed intel libaries:
http://www.intel.com/design/network/products/npfamily/download_ixp400.htm

If those are the ones I think they are, I'm not too surprised ...

Where underneath a bunch of layers the skb is allocated with kmalloc like:

size = PAGE_ALIGN (size + CACHE_LINE_SIZE);
order = get_order (size);
page = alloc_pages (GFP_KERNEL, order);

How does it initialize the netdev struct?