mpt fusion broken sometime since 2.6.24

From: david
Date: Tue Feb 17 2009 - 16:19:39 EST

I have some systems with the MPT fusion raid cards in them and SAS drives, they work find on the 2.6.24 'etch and a half' debian kernel, but when I try and install a 2.6.28 kernel there are numerous timeouts during boot and the raid array is not recognised.

I tried a 2.6.27 kernel I have laying around and got the same results with it.

is this a known problem with a work-around? or am I just lucky enough to be the only one hitting this?

David Lang