Re: [RFD] Automatic suspend

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Tue Feb 17 2009 - 17:05:07 EST

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 01:57:17PM -0800, mark gross wrote:

> Putting the wake on key event issue aside, is it possible to have wake
> up's on the ms time scale? I ask because I thought the XO did exactly
> this (but left the screen live). Why does it take 20 sec to get into
> or out of S3 on my laptop?

Graphics reinit, dumping graphics contents back into RAM, us resuming
devices in series, that kind of thing. On some hardware you'll spend a
noticable amount of time in the BIOS before any of the Linux resume code
gets touched. I thought the XO had got sub second, but I wasn't sure
that they were in the low ms range.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx