Re: 2.6.29 regression? Bonding tied to IPV6 in 29-rc5

From: David Miller
Date: Tue Feb 17 2009 - 17:52:24 EST

From: Brian Haley <brian.haley@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:10:23 -0500

> Is it a common configuration to not allow a module to load like
> you're doing in modprobe.conf? I don't know how hard it would be to
> rip this out into it's own bonding_ipv6.ko module, simply
> turning-off CONFIG_IPV6 seems better.

It's unfortunately how users get told to turn off ipv6.

There were some back-compat issues with how GLIBC emitted DNS requests
a few months ago that required turning off ipv6 completely otherwise
DNS requests would timeout.

Sticking an ipv6.ko module load disable into /etc/modprobe.conf
was the only tenable workaround.